Boat Cover Sewn

The place for boats, boating, and boat building.
C David

Boat Cover Sewn

Post by C David »

Last fall we bought an LSZ-1 Ultrafeed by Sailrite and some treated canvas from a local tarp maker. This week I sat down before farming starts to gear up and sewed the 48" panels into a tarp and then shaped it to the boat's rails, adding gussets to keep out the rain. The standing support is sewn into the cover and slips down over the rail. I also sewed a motor cover with grommets that I can lace into purse closures under the motor and around the handle. All roads here are gravel/dirt/mud and this will keep the interior clean and allow me to not have to unload the boat each time between trips. The LSZ-1 handled up to 10 layers of tarp canvas without burping! I'm happy. Total out of pocket cost was about $100 plus $20 for the bungee cords.

Tracker 1542, 390 Stage 1 Honda/medium kit, F250 homebuilt trailer

SourMash

Re: Boat Cover Sewn

Post by SourMash »

That's a great idea!
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

pickensisack

Post by pickensisack »

i like it!! I have got to make me one for my boat. The one i have is riped and the inside of the boat is now full of Magnolia leaves. i thought about making one out of dump truck mesh so that the water can go thru but the leaves can't.
16'6'x36" Custom built .125 alum boat with a 22HP Predator large kit

C David

Post by C David »

pickensisack wrote:i like it!! I have got to make me one for my boat. The one i have is riped and the inside of the boat is now full of Magnolia leaves. i thought about making one out of dump truck mesh so that the water can go thru but the leaves can't.
I'd like to see that when you get that done.

I bought my hull in November 2017 and it had 1 1/2" of ice frozen in it and even with lightly using a rubber mallet not much came out until next March. It's 60 miles round trip all on dusty/muddy gravel/clay roads to my closest fishing hole and I badly needed something.
Tracker 1542, 390 Stage 1 Honda/medium kit, F250 homebuilt trailer