Man! The misinformation out there/Heading out to Deland

Friendly conversation about whatever else is on your mind.
sunshine

Man! The misinformation out there/Heading out to Deland

Post by sunshine »

In a facebook group, "Central Florida Mud Boats buy-sell-trade."

Someone asks about longtails, few people speak up about their Swamp Runners, enter dudes with $5-8k surface drives bashing them, same crap that you see on mudmotortalk.

Clearly have zero experience with the motors aside from what they have heard others rant about.

The one guy says "Go to one of the real long tail builders, they've tweaked their designs over the years." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno if any of you guys are in the area, but I'm staying at Highland Park fish camp this weekend and fishing the river and Lake Woodruff for specks. Ready to catch some fish! Give me a holler if any of ya'll are around there, swing by for a beer!

sunshine

Re: Man! The misinformation out there/Heading out to Deland

Post by sunshine »

So much BS lol
Attachments
Capture.PNG

SourMash

Post by SourMash »

That old argument never dies. I bet his corvette is faster than a vw beetle too. Both vehicles get you there. I got my kits to get me and my guys to my spots. Good luck fishing
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

Willie Rip

Post by Willie Rip »

Aww, just let them have the argument. They won't be swayed. That's okay. I can build 10 motors for the cost of one of theirs. I've found that most people buy for less than rational reasons. They want the more expensive motor just because it's more expensive. Then they rationalize every conceivable reason to justify it.

That's fine. They can do whatever they want. I just get in my boat put-put up the river, catch tons of fish, and put-put back down. All the while at the boat dock no one is looking at their motor asking questions. They're all hovering over my motor. Because their motor essentially looks like everything else on the market.

Old Hebrew proverb: "Humility comes before honor."