Decoy Pass Anyone?

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
ShadowWalker

Decoy Pass Anyone?

Post by ShadowWalker »

Anyone want to do a decoy pass? I will carve one up if there is enough interest (with JD's Permission of course).

Basically we will get a list of everyone who wants in, organize it by season dates (earliest opener gets is first). Hunt over it, take a picture of it in your spread, sign the bottom, mail it off to the next guy on the list. Shipping is on you. I will make sure its not oversized, but I doubt it will fit in a flat rate box unless I do something like a bufflehead. I know money is tight for a lot of people, so if you are not prepared to spend $10-20 on shipping it, please do not commit to the pass. This will work a lot better if we ship if from east to west and north to south, to limit the distance it needs to be shipped.

Also note, it will probably be a diver. I'm not confident enough in my puddle duck painting to do a puddler for it.
Tracker 1542- Large Kit - 23hp Vanguard

JD

Re: Decoy Pass Anyone?

Post by JD »

Absolutely! Go for it guys.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

PJB

Post by PJB »

I am interested. Let me know what information you need from me.

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

Do it. I got a place right down the street where I should be able to shoot a mallard or two over a buffie decoy :lol:

DonnieJones

Post by DonnieJones »

You can count me in! Amazing idea! I make and sell duck and goose calls as a hobby! I hunt all over the delta of Mississippi and Arkansas so it will be hunted over in some awesome places! I would like to through in 2 or 3 duck calls to be sent around with the decoy if anybody is interested. Same deal, call with it, take a pic, sign it and pass it on!

ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

I'll get working on one. I will start a thread closer to the season, and maybe I can con JD into making it a sticky or announcement so everyone will see it :lol:

Donnie, sounds great. I will get ahold of you once I start the Official Sign Up. Maybe you can get a call or two up to me then so they can be included in the box from the start? That way everyone in the pass will get a chance to use them.

Remember guys, speed will be important. For this to work, you cannot hang on to the box forever, it needs to be hunted over and moved on to the next guy. Once we have a good Idea of how many people will be participating, I will figure out the maximum time you can keep it.

Also keep in mind, I carve gunners, not mantel pieces :lol:

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

I'm in!

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

What's everyone's season like? Mine can start as early as the secodn weekend in october (if I get drawn for that area) and then the third weekend in october is the real opening day. If thats before a lot of you we can kick this thing off on the west coast. :mrgreen:

ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

Our season opens October 19th this year.

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

September 6th for teal. :D