Floating Blind Bag

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
dbrew322

Floating Blind Bag

Post by dbrew322 »

Anybody have any recommendations on these? Looking for something to keep my stuff together when we're hunting in an area where we're sitting in water. Tried using a cement mixing tub and it worked ok, wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'd be putting in shells, wallet, phone, and camera equipment in it. I have a bunch of those small dry bags that I would still probably put everything in within the bag, I don't think I'd trust the water resistance of these bags. Or if anybody has any better ideas, throw them out there!

ShadowWalker

Re: Floating Blind Bag

Post by ShadowWalker »

I've been using the Drake Double Banded bag going on 3 seasons now. It has a nice rubber sole on the bottom that keeps the fabric from sitting in water. Plenty of room. Really like the two lid design. The main lid has a thermos sleeve on top, and when you open the top flap with the buckles there is a front pocket with shell loops, and on the underside of the lid there are two mesh zippered pockets. It also gives you access to the zipper on the plastic lid. The plastic lid has a zipper to open the main compartment and does a good job keeping water out.

I basically load it in the order I need things. In the mesh pockets on the outer lid i put my hat light and flashlight. Mojo wings fit great in the thermos slot (or a couple energy drinks :twisted: ). Front pocket has my face paint. Plastic inner lid has my hunting license and cloths to clean glasses. Everything else is inside.

I normally think Drake gear is the North Face of the hunting world (overpriced/paying for the name), but when it comes to this bag, I feel it is worth every penny.

http://www.drakewaterfowl.com/product/d ... swamp-sole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tracker 1542- Large Kit - 23hp Vanguard

JD

Post by JD »

I currently use an Avery bag. Never found a blind bag thats truly waterproof.
We hunt shallow marsh and usually stash our boats in the reeds to reduce flairing the birds.
We hunt away from the boats in a more concealed location sitting on camp stools in the marsh.
I carry a shepherds' hook in the boat and stab that in the mud to hang my blind bag from.
I can also hang my shotgun from it whenever I need my hands free. Works good and they come in a variety of lengths.
I borrow one my wife hangs her flowers on in her garden, but I always make sure I return it :)
shepherds_hook.jpg
shepherds_hook.jpg (2.6 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

dbrew322

Post by dbrew322 »

That's a great idea, very simple too. Thank you sir!

tmclaimerFL

Post by tmclaimerFL »

JD wrote:I currently use an Avery bag. Never found a blind bag thats truly waterproof.
We hunt shallow marsh and usually stash our boats in the reeds to reduce flairing the birds.
We hunt away from the boats in a more concealed location sitting on camp stools in the marsh.
I carry a shepherds' hook in the boat and stab that in the mud to hang my blind bag from.
I can also hang my shotgun from it whenever I need my hands free. Works good and they come in a variety of lengths.
I borrow one my wife hangs her flowers on in her garden, but I always make sure I return it :)
shepherds_hook.jpg
JD do you typically hunt in the Palmetto area or do you travel? I hunt the bay several times during the season for divers and occasionally travel up to Sumter or Hernando county. Sometimes I'll go out to Orlando to to visit a friend and hunt his local lake.
Call, kill, consume

JD

Post by JD »

I've hunted the saltwater, but don't care for it. I prefer to hunt Lake Okeechobee or Istokpoga. I also like to hunt out in SW Missouri.
The difficult part is finding the spare time.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.