duck blind

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
charleston_shrimper

duck blind

Post by charleston_shrimper »

im new to duck hunting, and i was wondering what i need for a blind. i have a 1436 alumacraft and ive found a couple do it yourself blind kits and i just dont know much about them. i dont have much of a budget and i kinda need to put one up fast.

PJB

Re: duck blind

Post by PJB »

They are not hard to build. Most people build scissor type blinds made from tubing. There are several pics and vids on the web on these types. As far as the material, I used camo tarp for the first layer basically as a wind blocker. I layer burlap over the camo tarp. Then I use die cut camo with grass tied in (zip ties work great for attaching camo material and grass). My blind is not a scissor type. I built mine off of the kayak rack I built. I can post a couple of pics later so you can get a general idea

charleston_shrimper

thanks im thinking about ordering the dugout kit from sportsmans designs
heres a link http://www.sportsmansdesigns.com/Rock-S ... SDBDUG.htm

charleston_shrimper

do you know anything about those? or the dugout type of blind?

PJB

Post by PJB »

Never hunted from Sportsman Design. Make my own duck blinds with exception of my first duck blind which was an Avery. It was a great blind but they are expensive. Personally, I am not a fan of dugout style blinds. They conceal great, but make it difficult to see birds comming in from behind. A friend I used to hunt with on a regular basis had a dugout style on his boat and loved it. Plus the dugout blinds I have hunted in the boat always had to face the same direction. We could only shoot facing port side only or starboard side only.

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

Take that $99 and buy a conduit bender, some bimini hardware, and some conduit and make your own. $99 for some 90 elbows?? no way Jose. With a bender you can make it follow the contour of your boat so it won't stick out off the sides and get snagged on docks, trees etc..

download this ppt presentation. It walks you through it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5g8dh ... +blind.ppt

good luck!