Florida duck hunting

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
dogyak

Florida duck hunting

Post by dogyak »

sorry to say , but really haven't used the swamp runner this season . It's not because I don't want to , it seems all the duck k commander's have one and the ramps are jammed . So I've been walking into the swamps . Yet some work , but worth it .less people back there . It wouldn't be duck hunting without work .
Attachments
IMG_182085226839496.jpeg

dogyak

Re: Florida duck hunting

Post by dogyak »

forgot This one
Attachments
IMG_182099326395253.jpeg

SourMash

Post by SourMash »

Good job!
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

PJB

Post by PJB »

dogyak wrote:sorry to say , but really haven't used the swamp runner this season . It's not because I don't want to , it seems all the duck k commander's have one and the ramps are jammed . So I've been walking into the swamps . Yet some work , but worth it .less people back there . It wouldn't be duck hunting without work .
It's not just around you. The ramps around me have been more crowded this year than I have ever seen. Looks like your hunt has been better than what mine have been this week. Nice!

dogyak

Post by dogyak »

PJB wrote:
dogyak wrote:sorry to say , but really haven't used the swamp runner this season . It's not because I don't want to , it seems all the duck k commander's have one and the ramps are jammed . So I've been walking into the swamps . Yet some work , but worth it .less people back there . It wouldn't be duck hunting without work .
It's not just around you. The ramps around me have been more crowded this year than I have ever seen. Looks like your hunt has been better than what mine have been this week. Nice!
PJB , it's really gotten bad IMO . These newbies don't even respect how far away to be , nor gun safety for that matter . Since coming back to Florida , I change to walking deep into the marsh . I took a friend whom never duck hunted last Saturday , kind of felt bad that he followed me and the dog about 3 to 400yd's deep into it . Kevin had a ball though , and is hooked . Even with him carrying deke's , blind bag , and gun , did it like a trooper . The area's the other can get to , well they set up within 60 yds , skybusting , and even trying to shoot over our spread . Just pisses me off . Thanks to the TV for bringing this on us , right !

PJB

Post by PJB »

dogyak wrote:
PJB wrote:
PJB , it's really gotten bad IMO . These newbies don't even respect how far away to be , nor gun safety for that matter . Since coming back to Florida , I change to walking deep into the marsh . I took a friend whom never duck hunted last Saturday , kind of felt bad that he followed me and the dog about 3 to 400yd's deep into it . Kevin had a ball though , and is hooked . Even with him carrying deke's , blind bag , and gun , did it like a trooper . The area's the other can get to , well they set up within 60 yds , skybusting , and even trying to shoot over our spread . Just pisses me off . Thanks to the TV for bringing this on us , right !
I know what you mean. Hopefully the DD generation will be like many other duck hunters I have come across over the years. Thay hunt two maybe three seasons then find a new hobby, and that is exactly what it is a hobby for them.