Waterfowl Harvest Report 2013-14

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
PJB

Waterfowl Harvest Report 2013-14

Post by PJB »

The past few years I have participated in US Fish and Game's harvest reports. I just recieved the previous season's stat's. Also have earlier stats as well if anyone is interested in the numbers.
Attachments
IMG_20150821_3202.jpg

SourMash

Re: Waterfowl Harvest Report 2013-14

Post by SourMash »

I think that's pretty cool to be able to see the numbers. I think it'd be interesting to know how far off they actually were since not everyone participates in the survey. Or maybe this is their "corrected" numbers, thanks either way
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

PJB

Post by PJB »

SourMash wrote:I think that's pretty cool to be able to see the numbers. I think it'd be interesting to know how far off they actually were since not everyone participates in the survey. Or maybe this is their "corrected" numbers, thanks either way
It is not possible to include the population. Instead, a sample (those involved in the survey) of the population (total number of duck hunters) is used in a set of techniques that aid in drawing inferences to test the hypotheses. The sample is chosen at random and equally distributed across the population. After data is collected from the population sample, it is generalized to the popluation. Different formulas are used to caclulate standard error and deviation then rounded to a numerical expression. So, are the stats 100 percent accurate? No, but CAN be a close representation to the numbers harvested.

PJB

Post by PJB »

Here are a couple of previous seasons for comparison.
Attachments
IMG_20150822_27307.jpg
IMG_20150822_50347.jpg