Don't be That Guy!

Hunting discussion from waterfowling to gator hunting, and everything in between.
PJB

Don't be That Guy!

Post by PJB »

Duck season has kicked off for many and starts soon for the rest of us. I'm sure that we have all been "that guy" at some time or another. However, lets try hard to not be "that guy." We all know who that guy is:
He is the one that likes to take up the entire width of a double boat ramp with his truck and trailer.
He is the guy who parks on the ramp before getting his stuff together and delays those that are ready to launch
He is the guy who sets up right at day beak right next to you, and feels our decoys should have play dates
He is the guy wearing a florescent orange vest while duck hunting next to you (yes this has happend)
He is the guy who whales on the goose call only to blast cormorants. from the sky.
Feel free to add to the list of "that guy."

Longshot270

Re: Don't be That Guy!

Post by Longshot270 »

Thinks even though he is camouflaged well enough to ambush birds with incredibly sharp vision everyone should know that is his private stretch of private shoreline.

Feels perfectly justified shooting at anyone who so much as thinks about driving their boat within 100 yds from his spread.

Out here it is plural with "those guys" thanks to that TV show.

PJB

Post by PJB »

Thought of a couple more while sitting in the duck blind this morning:
Don't be the guy the peppers everyone on the lake because you can't find your own spot to hunt (hunting to close to others)
Whe you see ducks flying so high that they are carrying suplemental oxygen, don't be the guy who makes sure all three shots are fired.
Also, don't be the guy who just missed an opportunity at a duck because you were to busy typing rants on the Swamp Runner Forum!

Longshot270

Post by Longshot270 »

PJB wrote: Also, don't be the guy who just missed an opportunity at a duck because you were to busy typing rants on the Swamp Runner Forum!
:lol:

SourMash

Post by SourMash »

Longshot270 wrote:
PJB wrote: Also, don't be the guy who just missed an opportunity at a duck because you were to busy typing rants on the Swamp Runner Forum!
:lol:
X2!
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

PJB

Post by PJB »

I saw "that guy" today. He was driving his boat WOT with his buddies doing drive-bys on everything that got off the water. Very unsafe and unethical. Please don't be that guy.

JD

Post by JD »

I guess that guy really gets around. He used to be a member at a hunting club where I hunted with mowaterfowl last weekend.
He demanded that other members clean his birds for him. :headpalm:
He's now looking for a new club to join. :lol:
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

Longshot270

Post by Longshot270 »

That's when you tell him the fee for someone else cleaning his birds is 1 bird per bird. :lol:

PJB

Post by PJB »

JD wrote:I guess that guy really gets around. He used to be a member at a hunting club where I hunted with mowaterfowl last weekend.
He demanded that other members clean his birds for him. :headpalm:
He's now looking for a new club to join. :lol:
I met that guy once several years ago. He is still up to the same ol antics?