55Gallon Barrell Smoker, the best damn smoker on the planet.

AJCsurf

55Gallon Barrell Smoker, the best damn smoker on the planet.

Post by AJCsurf »

I built this smoker before my lake trip this weekend. It was unbelievable how good it was. Mesquite chips and a dry rub = mouthwatering pork ribs and tri-tips.

JD

Re: 55Gallon Barrell Smoker, the best damn smoker on the pla

Post by JD »

Brother, you're making me so hungry I want to go kill me a hog. But, unfortunately it's hotter here right now than a june bug on Alabama asphalt. The next time you're in Florida when its cool weather, we'll go kill one and I'll show you how we cook em Cracker style. We'll make a piney woods rooter taste as good as any domestic hog you've ever eat.....so good you'll slap yer mamma :!:
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

I'll definitely take you up on that. If I were to plan a trip, when's a good time. can you guys shoot hogs year round down there?

JD

Post by JD »

November through March offers the best weather. Feral hogs are like vermin here. The farmers and ranchers have little patience with the damage done to their crops and pastures by rooting hogs. Under Florida law, hogs are not considered game on private land, and can be hunted year round without a hunting license.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

JD wrote:November through March offers the best weather. Feral hogs are like vermin here. The farmers and ranchers have little patience with the damage done to their crops and pastures by rooting hogs. Under Florida law, hogs are not considered game on private land, and can be hunted year round without a hunting license.

That's great news. I'll see if I can get down to St. Pete's again on my day job's dime :lol:

In California they are a nuisance too, but mainly because they are ruining all the native plants. Private landowners can get depredation permits to eradicate as they wish. Remember the E-coli spinach debacle a few years ago? that was from feral pigs right down the road from my place.....