My boat Running

Show us your pictures and video here.
Jesse

My boat Running

Post by Jesse »

Hi everyone im new to the forum.. My name is Jesse And im running a 420 predator on a 1436 jon twisting a 9 inch prop. No mods all stock.. Check my videos out on youtube. My sister uploaded them for me because im a greenhorn with the internet.. Hope you all enjoy. Her channell is Katie Norris..

JD

Re: My boat Running

Post by JD »

Hi Jesse,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the video.
Starting around the 1 minute 30 second mark, your video has some great footage demonstrating the speed a surface piercing Swamp Runner longtail is capable of. Got yourself a little race horse there, that kinda makes them rich boy longtails look like swamp donkeys. :D

The Congeree is a pretty river. Looks like the water level is up.

JD
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

Jesse

Thanks

Post by Jesse »

Yeah the river was high the other day.. When it comes down its awsome real shallow. And at first i didnt have the camera secured real good. I posted two other vids with the camera located in a different location. seems to b alot better.. And yeah it runs real good. Ive passed many go devils and other engines on the water..

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

That's an awesome video. Your boat is screaming' fast!

Welcome to the forums!
AJ

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Thanks Aj . It runs really good for what it is. Im satisfied 100 % LOL

P51Panther

Post by P51Panther »

Great video. Have a mv1448 running the 420 also. Not the same results. . Currently using the 8.5. What's the change from the 8.5 to the 9? First mud motor and not a lot of people run them in Wisconsin. Eager to get it in its best shape before the early goose starts.

Jesse

Post by Jesse »

To P 51

What ive found out from my set up is.. Running the 9 prop is harder to keep in the water but better performance for my boat. What i have to do when im runnin is . I put pressure with my knee on the tiller handle and force it down at times to keep the prop on top of the water. Otherwise it will just break loose and free spin. When i goose it and it gets up on plane i keep the prop pushed down just enough. I guess they call it the sweet spot. But after i get it on top of the water like i want it , its easy to handle and i can pretty much lean left to right and make graduall turns.... Hope this helps.. Jesse

jsshivers

Post by jsshivers »

If your having a little trouble keeping the prop in the water get with Mr. Dobbs about the tab that can be welded to the skeg. It helps keep the prop in the water at speed. The trade off is it can collect hydrilla and other forms of aquatic weed but it is easy enough to clear that. I installed it one and it helped with long open water runs, didn't get there with a sore shoulder.

Steve

Nleoan

Post by Nleoan »

How do you get it to idle in a no wake zone it spins very fast

JD

Post by JD »

Nleoan wrote:How do you get it to idle in a no wake zone it spins very fast
While the hull is fully settled in the water, push down on the tiller handle so that the prop is only half submerged and pushes you slower. I use this method to pass canoeists and kayakers without throwing any wake on them.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.