My Alaskan skinny water transport. *New Pictures added 9/3*

Show us your pictures and video here.
alskanguy
My Alaskan skinny water transport. *New Pictures added 9/3*

Post by alskanguy »

Hi all,
I am brand new to the forum.
I wanted to show off my Boat and motor if I can get my image small enough. I finished my boat the end of June and built my motor the end of July and have already been in some fantastic skinny water..
My mud motor/boat build.
My mud motor/boat build.
I will post a video of some of the runs I have made. Once I figure out how to do so on here.
Last edited by alskanguy on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Steve~
If you can't do it right, then you may want to stop drink a beer and have your buddy do it for you!
1230 Jon Boat with 14" pods and a BEEFED up transom... Small Kit with a Predator 212cc stage 1 & 2 mods.

JD

Re: My Alaskan skinny water transport.

Post by JD »

Nice little rig. Love the Swamp Runner decal. :thumbsup2:
Welcome to the forums.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

durandbagwell86

Post by durandbagwell86 »

Dang good looking rig man!

JTP

Post by JTP »

Very nice. :thumbsup:
15x42x15 Waco & 670 Predator V Twin
12x28x12 wood Jon & GX200

alskanguy

Post by alskanguy »

The Decal's, one on each side. Those save me time in my gas station discussion as well as the boat launch discussion. So far I have probably spent around 3 hours talking about my build with random folks that stop me and want more information. I would not be suprised to see more of these in my area in no time at all.
;)
~Steve~
If you can't do it right, then you may want to stop drink a beer and have your buddy do it for you!
1230 Jon Boat with 14" pods and a BEEFED up transom... Small Kit with a Predator 212cc stage 1 & 2 mods.

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

Where are you located? It would be cool to get a side by side comparison of a Grumman Sportboat next to your flat bottom!
Rumors of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated.

Tommyknocker

Post by Tommyknocker »

I would like to see some good photos of your pods, they might be the solution I have been looking for ...
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif (3.95 KiB) Viewed 7379 times

alskanguy

Post by alskanguy »

Aknative wrote:Where are you located? It would be cool to get a side by side comparison of a Grumman Sportboat next to your flat bottom!
I live in Wasilla. That would be GREAT! I'd love to shoot some ideas back and forth as you will see I tinker and improve things often to get it dialed in.
~Steve~

alskanguy

Post by alskanguy »

Tommyknocker wrote:I would like to see some good photos of your pods, they might be the solution I have been looking for ...
The attachment popcorn.gif is no longer available
I was originally using a Lehr propane outboard. If I had known I was going to be adding a mud motor I would have made it one solid POD going across the back. :beer:
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1133.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG
~Steve~

TXGW1698
Re: My Alaskan skinny water transport. *New Pictures added 9/3*

Post by TXGW1698 »

How much do those pods help with the draft? They sure look huge! Are you getting any extra stability with those? I have a 1232 and was worrying about getting too much rear floatation and the boat would ride funny with a load in the front i.e. a passenger. How's yours do?
Texas Game Wardens - Law enforcement off the pavement since 1895
1232 Alumacraft Jon, 212cc Predator Small Kit, Wetlander mud boat bottom coating.