Alaskan skinny tide water run *Youtube video*

Show us your pictures and video here.
alskanguy
Alaskan skinny tide water run *Youtube video*

Post by alskanguy »

This is my second day before I had started dialing it in and I was still able to pull about 12mph.
Stock predator 212cc motor. 12' Jon boat with 14" pods..

Sorry it is sideways.
~Steve~
If you can't do it right, then you may want to stop drink a beer and have your buddy do it for you!
1230 Jon Boat with 14" pods and a BEEFED up transom... Small Kit with a Predator 212cc stage 1 & 2 mods.

Aknative

Re: Alaskan skinny tide water run *Youtube video*

Post by Aknative »

Fun ain't it? I grew up in SW AK trying to get 18 foot Lunds up stuff like that with outboards on them, what a hassle!
Rumors of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated.

JD

Post by JD »

Is that on the Susitna or Knik?
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

alskanguy

Post by alskanguy »

Neither one JD... I almost hate to say where exactly it is.. It is a great place to fish and even better for duck hunting. It is one of those place I've been going since I was about 10 and have seen it go through cycles of being known and being forgotten. .. I will be getting a speed baseline on my mod motor tomorrow....
~Steve~
If you can't do it right, then you may want to stop drink a beer and have your buddy do it for you!
1230 Jon Boat with 14" pods and a BEEFED up transom... Small Kit with a Predator 212cc stage 1 & 2 mods.

SourMash

Post by SourMash »

Very cool, there is nothing like Alaska's scenery.
13' Gheenoe - 212 Predator
1436 G3 - 420 Predator

JD

Post by JD »

alskanguy wrote:Neither one JD... I almost hate to say where exactly it is.. It is a great place to fish and even better for duck hunting. It is one of those place I've been going since I was about 10 and have seen it go through cycles of being known and being forgotten. .. I will be getting a speed baseline on my mod motor tomorrow....
I don't blame you. Beautiful country.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

Willie Rip

Post by Willie Rip »

Nice run. Were you going upstream?

alskanguy

Post by alskanguy »

Willie Rip wrote:Nice run. Were you going upstream?
Yes Willie,
That was upstream but the flow there is not really that high as the area is tidal effected. My estimate of 12 MPH look like it was off and it looks more like 15 MPH or so. Once I dialed it in before the MODS I know I was going 18MPH on the Little Susitna river so I have no doubt I was able to go faster than 12 MPH in this video.
~Steve~

C David

Post by C David »

alskanguy wrote:... I almost hate to say where exactly it is.. It is a great place to fish and even better for duck hunting. It is one of those place I've been going since I was about 10 and have seen it go through cycles of being known and being forgotten...
...I don't tell anyone where I go any more...but duck shooting is on the wane here...it wasn't at one time...back then I'd tell others where I was going and show up there the next day and someone else was there...generosity becomes abused...glad to be the only one out potting waterfowl any more...nice video...can't wait to post my own
Tracker 1542, 390 Stage 1 Honda/medium kit, F250 homebuilt trailer