Rio Grande River Boat Build, 1232 Jon, SPS 6.5 Longtail

Show us your pictures and video here.
Longshot270

Re: Rio Grande River Boat Build, 1232 Jon, SPS 6.5 Longtail

Post by Longshot270 »

You need some of the Nilight LED lights. $20/pair, great output and only draw about 3 amps. These are what I use. I built PVC posts that swiveled so that I could sweep the banks better. The color isn't ideal but the run time is great.

http://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Driving-L ... PRQ9HXMWPP

TXGW1698

Post by TXGW1698 »

Those lights look nice for the price. I am trying to steer away from running a battery on the boat, save some weight. Here are some pictures from my excursion the other day. Ran so far up river that I ran out of gas! The motor usually doesn't use much but going up the current with a load apparently will cause mileage to suffer. Luckily my boat mate is Border Patrol and we crawled out of the river bank like a couple Guatemalans and flagged down one of his coworkers to give him a ride to fetch gas.
image.jpeg
Mexican cattle
image.jpeg
This part of of the river isn't as scenic as the rest but was pretty easy to navigate.
image.jpeg
Had the paddles out after we ran out of gas.
image.jpeg
The old railroad bridge going into Mexico. Border Patrol has apprehended many family groups that have crossed on the bridge.
Texas Game Wardens - Law enforcement off the pavement since 1895
1232 Alumacraft Jon, 212cc Predator Small Kit, Wetlander mud boat bottom coating.

JD

Post by JD »

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see a nice variety of birds in the :DontMessWithTexas: desert.
I also lose track of time and fuel when I'm river running. I always want to see whats around the next bend.
Great post and pics.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.