Mini kit on my layout boat.

Longshot270

Re: Mini kit on my layout boat.

Post by Longshot270 »

Don't get me wrong, lots of them are. But the ocean kayak has one of the most stable designs I've seen.

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

Kayaks are hit and miss. The wider shorter fatter ones are more stable, but slow. The narrower, longer, skinny ones are faster, but less forgiving for tippiness. It helps in either one that you're basically sitting lower than the water's surface. Lots of fun to be had in a good kayak in rolling seas and boat wakes, if you can stay upright.
Rumors of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated.

Brian Boyer

Post by Brian Boyer »

I hope to never hear the word kayak ever again. My brother has the Torque overpriced sea kayak (crap),.. Powered by an integral Minn Kota trolling motor.. (Still useless) And another typ kayak, im torn in which one is the most useless.

This stupid Torque he has he had to buy a trailer for its so darn heavy,.. Fishes all of one person UNCOMFORTABLY,.. Oh, if i recall it was close to $2,000 new.

15/20 minutes and your back is shot.. So low to the water you have no downsight with your polaroids,.. Just see no reason for their existence in a fishing capacity, but thats why my wife calls me Mr.Wonderful/ (sarcastically),.. Because i see the light in every rainbow.

Sorry if i'm a little bitter LOL, after he told me what he wasted on his Torque, then the trailer because the Torque was so useless.. I mean HEAVY,.. Then the second kayak he bought so he could actually carry in places.. All i could think of was the super nice used river jon setup everything he could have had for cheaper and me, Dad and Andy fish together from.

Anyone want to buy a Torque on a trailer?, he's selling it? LOL

:lol:
brianboyer295@yahoo.com

"Hillary LIES matter"... (LOCK HER UP)

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

That Torque looks a bit ridiculous. Not exactly what I'd consider a good kayak, not sure I'd even count it as a kayak. More like a surfboard with a moulded surface.

I like the ocean kayaks, with the cockpit and spray skirt. They're not for everybody, like a canoe.
Rumors of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated.

Brian Boyer

Post by Brian Boyer »

Aknative wrote:That Torque looks a bit ridiculous. Not exactly what I'd consider a good kayak, not sure I'd even count it as a kayak. More like a surfboard with a moulded surface.

I like the ocean kayaks, with the cockpit and spray skirt. They're not for everybody, like a canoe.

The torque seems real cool, until you:

1) try to use it in any way,.. Any aspect of using it,.. You name it..
2) (there are more points but why bother)

Every buddy i have ever known that owns a kayak is constantly trying to make his kayak into,.. Well NOT A KAYAK,.. Jerry rigging this/ that/ the other,.. Goofy stuff with the seat,.. Rediculously silly add on trolling motor setups,.. They for the most part eventually end up,.. With a 12/14' jonboat. (And with less money in their pocket)

I went through an inflatable raft stage, wish i had that $500 back. Lots of pro's, many more cons..

Never owned an aluminum boat i did not really enjoy.

I would love to have a 12' made at Troutt& Sons here in MO and i may,.. Boy that would be so nice to get a rig made FOR YOU. 12' big enough for two/ and still small enough to carry in.
brianboyer295@yahoo.com

"Hillary LIES matter"... (LOCK HER UP)

Croaker

Post by Croaker »

The more time you spend around big gators, the more you realize the vulnerability of folks on or in a kayak.

Longshot270

Post by Longshot270 »

That's painting with a pretty wide brush on kayaks. There are literally hundreds of designs for many applications. If you aren't happy with it with minimal modifications, you got the wrong one.

My OK is surprisingly comfortable compared to the Pelican I had before. The pelican would make you sore if you spent too much time in it but this one is so nice I actually fell asleep last time I took it out. I was tied up to a shade tree branch and the current kept the kayak in position. I even woke up in a start to a reel screaming from a cedarstick fish and didn't tip over. Then after an epic 10 minute fight I reeled in 3 feet of bark. :lol: