lets see your boats!

Sstower1

Re: lets see your boats!

Post by Sstower1 »

Here is my medium backwater beast. I havent modified the engine in hopes of keeping it reliable, it scoots pretty good without mods. I got the xtreme saltwater shaft version and so far I absolutly love this thing! Its so fun going places I never knew were there. Its an Alumacraft 1436, medium kit with a predator 420cc electric start. Its taken me fishing, hunting, and fossil finding so far, and Ive only had it a few weeks!
Attachments
The build.
The build.
Another perfect day.
Another perfect day.
Gettin it.
Gettin it.
Look out ducks.
Look out ducks.

JD

Post by JD »

Thanks for the pics Sstower1.
I wish we had as many freshwater areas to run as you guys do over your way.
Here's a link with information for others who may be interested in fossil hunting.
https://www.fossilguy.com/sites/peace-river/index.htm
Florida ossil hunting is a lot of fun, just remember if you're going to take anything other than sharks teeth, you'll need the $5.00 permit.
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

Sstower1

Post by Sstower1 »

It's funny that you mention Peace River, because that's where I took my family. We camped at the Pioneer Park, and didn't have to go very far to start finding fossils. Get the permit, go when the water is low, and remember to stay off the banks as they are usually private property. That's a lot of fun and a great activity for family. Here are a few photos that's what we found in just a couple hours.
Attachments
PSX_20190203_025320.jpg
PSX_20190203_025124.jpg
PSX_20190203_025616.jpg

JD

Post by JD »

Looks like you're having loads of fun!
The Peace River is beautiful, but not easily navigated during low water without a longtail.
We have customers who hunt north of Pioneer Park.
Early in the season when water levels were higher they saw other hunters up there with surface drives.
They told the surface drive guys, "Yall won't be up here next month."
The surface drive guys asked why not, and were told, "because the water levels will be too low."
The surface drive guys laughed it off.
The Swamp Runner hunter stopped by the shop recently to tell us the surface drives are gone, and they now have the upper river all to themselves until the rainy season returns. :mrgreen:
Psalm 55:7 - Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

martin_stander

Post by martin_stander »

Got my boat finished and took it on the maiden voyage yesterday. 2.5 hours up and down the Potomac. Ran just like I expected. At full speed the 8 inch prop seems to find its sweet spot and no force required up or down on the handle. Gets on plane very fast even with my fat ass and the wife up in front.
Attachments
20200814_194842.jpg
20200814_194832.jpg
20200814_195140.jpg
20200814_195227.jpg