lets see your boats!

jmscherrman

lets see your boats!

Post by jmscherrman »

Lets get a thread going with pictures of everyone's boats and swamp runner longtails!

Here's mine

AJCsurf

Re: lets see your boats!

Post by AJCsurf »

Here's mine and few of my buddies':

jsshivers

Post by jsshivers »

His is my boat coming into the ramp on a lake near me. This was on the last day of the season so I had ditched my palmfronds. I really need to get a different hull to go with this motor, my vbottom gets tight with 3 people on board.
Attachments
IMG_4023935261458.jpeg

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

jsshivers wrote:His is my boat coming into the ramp on a lake near me. This was on the last day of the season so I had ditched my palmfronds. I really need to get a different hull to go with this motor, my vbottom gets tight with 3 people on board.
what's that material around your railing? I take it that is to help with keeping the rails from getting swamped? Does it actually displace enough to help?

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

Good lookin boats!

jsshivers

Post by jsshivers »

That is actually my duck blind. I wedge palm fronds (the big ones) between the pipe and my hull. They actually do really well. As for the material it is non corrugated hdpe pipe.

AJCsurf

Post by AJCsurf »

Sounds like a good and quick way to attach some fronds.

jsshivers

Post by jsshivers »

Hunting down in Florida palm fronds are easy to come by and if you cut them a day or two prior to hunting you get a really nice color out of them. It hides my boat pretty well and its super convenient and easy to set up compared to some other blinds I have tried in the past. This year we were able to actually stand up (on the benches) and shoot, I don't recall having many birds flair at all this year.

dogyak

Post by dogyak »

jsshivers wrote:Hunting down in Florida palm fronds are easy to come by and if you cut them a day or two prior to hunting you get a really nice color out of them. It hides my boat pretty well and its super convenient and easy to set up compared to some other blinds I have tried in the past. This year we were able to actually stand up (on the benches) and shoot, I don't recall having many birds flair at all this year.
Where in Florida are you . I'm up in North Florida close too Jax's . 10-4 on the palm fronds , pretty much what I used . Weather it's lake George , Merritt , or the St Johns , it works .

jsshivers

Post by jsshivers »

I'm down in Polk county, its a pretty good trek from Jacksonville.