My Rig

jmscherrman

Re: My Rig

Post by jmscherrman »

I'm certain you can, but this will stay stock until I get bored with it

ShadowWalker

Post by ShadowWalker »

Can't wait to see this thing in person 8-)
Tracker 1542- Large Kit - 23hp Vanguard

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

I think I'll pull the boat out of the barn tomorrow. Let the build begin. :twisted:

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

Boat recovery was a success today, dang it is cold out there still. I had it stored at my in-law's barn this winter and that wind really whips around when the barn is set on top of a hill in the middle of a corn field lol!

I got my motor assembled up last weekend and I plan on mating it to the boat today.

The dog even decided she wanted to help :lol:

I don't like heavy lifting so I utilized my overhead winch

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

Continuing on...

Stole an hour or so tonight to get my floor started. I'm going with a combination of foam cut to fit in between the floor ribs, with a rubber mat over the top. I'm going to paint the sides of the floor where the rubber mat ends black so that your eye isn't drawn to that area. Should drain water pretty will for when I'm getting in and out of the boat.

I'm debating how I want to hold the foam down so it provides flotation in addition to insulating my feet on those cold mornings while Duck hunting. Should I use aluminum flat stock laid over the top of the foam and riveted to the ribs, or rivet the rubber mat to the ribs?

Here is what I got done tonight:

Tomorrow night I plan on cutting up some aluminum angle to finalize the battery box and fuel tank locations.

8)

TECshoot

Post by TECshoot »

jmscherrman wrote:Continuing on...

Stole an hour or so tonight to get my floor started. I'm going with a combination of foam cut to fit in between the floor ribs, with a rubber mat over the top. I'm going to paint the sides of the floor where the rubber mat ends black so that your eye isn't drawn to that area. Should drain water pretty will for when I'm getting in and out of the boat.

I'm debating how I want to hold the foam down so it provides flotation in addition to insulating my feet on those cold mornings while Duck hunting. Should I use aluminum flat stock laid over the top of the foam and riveted to the ribs, or rivet the rubber mat to the ribs?

Here is what I got done tonight:

Tomorrow night I plan on cutting up some aluminum angle to finalize the battery box and fuel tank locations.

8)
Aluminum riveted over the top would be a nice solid set up but might compromise the idea of the insulation keeping your feet warmer. Its amazing how that aluminum absorbs the cold.
1436 Alumacraft Jon-Predator 420
13ft wood duck skiff-Predator 212

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

the aluminum straps are only 1/8x1" aluminum flat stock. Al sheet would make a nice floor....but then id have to hydroturf over it so not fighting cold feet all the time!

TECshoot

Post by TECshoot »

Yeah the aluminum straps over the rubber would be the best bet.
1436 Alumacraft Jon-Predator 420
13ft wood duck skiff-Predator 212

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

Got some more time tonight to finalize the battery box and fuel tank mounting. Glamorous no, but it'll do for now until I decide what I really want to do with this boat.

I got my pieces of aluminum angle cut up with the miter saw (ears are still ringing lol).

Had to notch out the foam because it is about 1/4" higher than the ribs

jmscherrman

Post by jmscherrman »

Tomorrow night I'll finalize the flooring and then button up the motor for a Saturday test run :)