Still fall time in Interior AK.

Aknative

Still fall time in Interior AK.

Post by Aknative »

Still fall time in Alaska! Daughter is pretty vocal in the backpack, but she had fun. We carved our annual pumpkins. Then one day while running errands with my bow in the car and my cow tag in my wallet I drove by a cow moose in the neighborhood! She's made good eats.
Rumors of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated.

trapperles

Re: Still fall time in Interior AK.

Post by trapperles »

Thanks for sharing, it's icing up where I'm at now.

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

It started icing a couple weeks ago, then went above and below freezing enough to melt the snow but not enough to melt what ice had formed on the still water. It looks like it mike stick now, saw some people ice fishing on a local stock pond today! I don't like being the first one, but I think I'll try to take the kids ice fishing next week!

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

We've been sewing like crazy for the Alaska Federation of Native Customary Arts Show, as well as other bazaars. I managed to get my younger kids out grousing and chasing rabbits, split and stacked some wood for next winter as I'm trying to get a two year stack going. The moose is aging well, I've been experimenting with some bone in cooking, including T bones!

Aknative

Post by Aknative »

Winter has finally arrived in Interior Alaska! We've been selling our wares at bazaars and the trapping season has started! I finished putting up this year's moose, with the perfect weather and enclosed shop I was able to hang the last pieces for 5 weeks. It just tastes better and better! Even in the winter we haul our own water and heating fuel, and the kids help pack firewood.