16 hp Briggs Vanguard 479cc, w/o Tank, Electric & Recoil Start, 16A alt, w/o Muffler – 305447-0609-G1
A 16-hp v-twin engine 479cc Vanguard by Briggs and Stratton two cylinder engine that fits our Medium Mud Motor Kit.
Ships Direct from the Manufacturer
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
This 16-hp v-twin engine 479cc Vanguard Briggs and Stratton engine puts out 16hp. Being a two-cylinder engine, you will get less vibration compared to a single cylinder engine, but will still have great fuel efficiency being one of the smallest v-twin engines weighing in at 86 lbs.
• Recoil Starter AND Electric Start
• 50-State CARB Compliant
• Horizontal 1” Keyway Shaft that is 2-29/32” long
• 3-year Manufacture Limited Warranty (consumer)
• 3-year Manufacture Limited Warranty (commercial)
• Comes with a Fuel Pump Equipped, but NO fuel tank
• 16 Amp Charging System
• Manual or Remote Choke Control
• Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
• Does NOT come with fuel tank
• Does NOT come with mufflers unless you use the checkboxes
The 16-hp engine by Vanguard can be used to repower many things from mud motors, grinders, drift bikes, water pumps, mowers, and go-karts.
With this 16 HP engine, we offer a couple of options that you can add via the checkboxes above:
- High mount muffler with a starter side exhaust outlet (part #690906) +$145
- 90-degree exhaust elbow if you wanted to point the exhaust gasses a certain direction (part #495518) +$16
- Wire muffler guard & heat shield to help prevent things from touching the muffler while also re-directing heat away from the top of the engine (part #691571) +$65
- Oil filter adapter that relocates the oil filter. This is needed when purchasing an engine for use with one of our Swamp Runner Kits (part #808033) +$63
If you’re looking for a bigger engine that will still fit our Medium Swamp Runner kit…. here you go
The old engine number was 305447-3075-G1. The new engine number is 305447-0609-G1
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
The 90-degree Exhaust Elbow helps redirect the exhaust gases downward.
When using a 16hp or 18hp vanguard engine with our Medium Swamp Runner Kit, you will need this Oil Filter Adapter. With the engine mounted to the kit, the engine base side rails prevent the complete removal of the oil filter. This part will fix that.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.