16hp Briggs Vanguard 479cc, w/ tank, Electric & Recoil Start, 16A alt, with Muffler – 305447-0615-F1
THE 16hp engine to have. 479cc Vanguard Briggs and Stratton two-cylinder engine fits our Medium Mud Motor Kit.
16HP Operator’s Manual
Ships Direct from the Manufacturer
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Comes with Low Mount Muffler (you will need a High-Mount Muffler if you plan to run it on a Swamp Runner Mud Motor Kit)
THE 16hp engine to get. This 479cc Briggs and Stratton engine puts out 16hp. Being a two-cylinder engine, you will get less vibration compared to a single cylinder engine, but will still have great fuel efficiency being one of the smallest v-twin engines weighing in at 86 lbs. The engine pictured above is the same engine we built-out that powered us through our Source to Sea, Yukon River Trip.
• Recoil Starter AND Electric Start
• Comes with Oil Filter Adapter
• Comes with Low Mount Muffler (you will need to select a High-Mount Muffler if you plan to run it on a Swamp Runner Mud Motor Kit)
• 50-State CARB Compliant
• Horizontal 1” Keyway Shaft that is 2-29/32” long
• 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (consumer)
• 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (commercial)
• Comes with a Fuel Pump Equipped and a Fuel Tank
• 16 Amp Charging System
• Manual or Remote Choke Control
• Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
• Does NOT come with wire muffler guard & heat shield unless you select it in the checkbox
The 16-hp engine by Vanguard can be used to repower many things from mud motors, grinders, drift bikes, water pumps, mowers, and go-karts.
With this 16 HP engine, we offer a couple of options that you can add via the checkboxes above:
- High mount muffler with a starter side exhaust outlet (part #690906) +$145
- 90-degree exhaust elbow if you wanted to point the exhaust gasses a certain direction (part #495518) +$16
- Wire muffler guard & heat shield to help prevent things from touching the muffler while also re-directing heat away from the gas tank (part #691571) +$65
If you’re looking for a bigger engine that will still fit our Medium Swamp Runner kit…. here you go
The old engine model number 305447-0523-F1was superceded by 305447-0615-F1
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
With having the gas tank mounted on top of the engine, we highly recommend getting the Wire Muffler Guard and Heat Shield to help protect your gas tank. We also offer a 90-degree Exhaust Elbow which helps redirect the exhaust gases downward.
This engine comes equipped with the oil filter adapter, which is required to run this engine with our Medium Swamp Runner Kit. This adapter allows the engine oil filter to clear the engine base side rails.
Model Series 3054
Oil Capacity 48 oz (1.4 l)
Valve Configuration OHV
Flywheel Torque 125 lb/ft (169.5 Nm)
Governor Arm Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Carb Mount 65 lb/in (7.5 Nm)
Plug Gap 0.03 in (0.75 mm)
Intake Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Exhaust Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Idle Speed 1750
Air Gap .008-.012 in (.20-.30 mm)
Flywheel Puller Part 19203
Flywheel Holder Part 19433
Connecting Rod Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Sump Torque 150 lb/in (17.0 Nm)
Head Torque 165 lb/in (18.5 Nm)
Vanguard Commercial Series _ Consumer Use & Commercial Use 36 Month Warranty _ Please view the Operators Manual for more information.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.