16hp 479cc Vanguard, w/ Tank, No Starter, Recoil Start Only, w/o Muffler – 305442-0636-F1
The 16hp motor (479cc) Vanguard Briggs and Stratton two-cylinder engine fits our Medium Mud Motor Kit.
16HP Operator’s Manual
Ships Direct from the Manufacturer
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Out of stock
This 479cc Briggs and Stratton motor puts out 16hp. Being a two-cylinder engine, you will get less vibration compared to a single cylinder engine. Additionally, you will also have great fuel efficiency with it being one of the smallest v-twin motors weighing in at 89 lbs.
- Horsepower = 16
- Displacement = 479cc
- Torque = 24.5 ft-lbs Gross Torque, 23 ft-lbs Net Torque
- Weight = 72 lbs (without muffler)
- Dimensions = 17.25" tall, 16.15" wide, 11" deep (without muffler and additions)
- Recoil Starter
- 50-State CARB Compliant
- Horizontal 1” Keyway Shaft that is 2-29/32” long
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (consumer)
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (commercial)
- Fuel Tank and Fuel Pump Equipped
- Manual or Remote Choke Control
- Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
- Does NOT come with mufflers or muffler cage unless you use the checkboxes
The 16-hp motor by Vanguard can be used to repower many things from mud motors, grinders, drift bikes, water pumps, mowers, and go-karts.
With this 16 HP motor, we offer a couple of options that you can add via the checkboxes above:
- High mount muffler with a starter side exhaust outlet (part #690906) +$145
- 90-degree exhaust elbow if you wanted to point the exhaust gasses a certain direction (part #495518) +$16
- Wire muffler guard & heat shield to help prevent things from touching the muffler while also re-directing heat away from the gas tank (part #691571) +$65
- Oil filter adapter that relocates the oil filter. This is needed when purchasing an engine for use with one of our Swamp Runner Kits (part #808033) +$63
We used all these add-on options when we did our river trip on the Yukon River from source to sea. These options are pictured on this 16hp engine in our shop. Paired with our Medium Swamp Runner Mud Motor Kit
The old engine number was 305442-0527-F1. The new engine number is 305442-0636-F1
INVENTORY: Pending stock confirmation. Once inventory is secured, you will be charged. If this item is out of stock or has a waiting period, we will notify you before charging you.
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty, repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
With having the gas tank mounted on top of the engine, we highly recommend getting the Wire Muffler Guard and Heat Shield to help protect your gas tank. We also offer a 90-degree Exhaust Elbow which helps redirect the exhaust gases downward.
When using a 16hp or 18hp vanguard engine with our Medium Swamp Runner Kit, you will need this Oil Filter Adapter. With the engine mounted to the kit, the engine base side rails prevent the complete removal of the oil filter. This part will fix that.
Model Series 3054
Oil Capacity 48 oz (1.4 l)
Valve Configuration OHV
Flywheel Torque 125 lb/ft (169.5 Nm)
Governor Arm Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Carb Mount 65 lb/in (7.5 Nm)
Plug Gap 0.03 in (0.75 mm)
Intake Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Exhaust Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Idle Speed 1750
Air Gap .008-.012 in (.20-.30 mm)
Flywheel Puller Part 19203
Flywheel Holder Part 19433
Connecting Rod Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Sump Torque 150 lb/in (17.0 Nm)
Head Torque 165 lb/in (18.5 Nm)
Vanguard Commercial Series _ Consumer Use & Commercial Use 36 Month Warranty _ Please view the Operators Manual for more information.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.