16hp 479cc Vanguard, w/ Tank, No Starter, Recoil Start Only, w/o Muffler – 305442-0636-F1
The 16hp motor (479cc) Vanguard Briggs and Stratton two-cylinder engine fits our Medium Mud Motor Kit.
Ships Direct from the Manufacturer
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
This 479cc Briggs and Stratton motor puts out 16hp. Being a two-cylinder engine, you will get less vibration compared to a single cylinder engine, but will still have great fuel efficiency being one of the smallest v-twin motors weighing in at 89 lbs.
• Recoil Starter
• 50-State CARB Compliant
• Horizontal 1” Keyway Shaft that is 2-29/32” long
• 3-year Manufacture Limited Warranty (consumer)
• 3-year Manufacture Limited Warranty (commercial)
• Fuel Tank and Fuel Pump Equipped
• Manual or Remote Choke Control
• Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
• Does NOT come with mufflers or muffler cage unless you use the checkboxes
The 16-hp motor by Vanguard can be used to repower many things from mud motors, grinders, drift bikes, water pumps, mowers, and go-karts.
With this 16 HP motor, we offer a couple of options that you can add via the checkboxes above:
- High mount muffler with a starter side exhaust outlet (part #690906) +$145
- 90-degree exhaust elbow if you wanted to point the exhaust gasses a certain direction (part #495518) +$16
- Wire muffler guard & heat shield to help prevent things from touching the muffler while also re-directing heat away from the gas tank (part #691571) +$65
- Oil filter adapter that relocates the oil filter. This is needed when purchasing an engine for use with one of our Swamp Runner Kits (part #808033) +$63
We used all these add-on options when we did our river trip on the Yukon River from source to sea. These options are pictured on this 16hp engine in our shop
The old engine number was 305442-0527-F1. The new engine number is 305442-0636-F1
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
With having the gas tank mounted on top of the engine, we highly recommend getting the Wire Muffler Guard and Heat Shield to help protect your gas tank. We also offer a 90-degree Exhaust Elbow which helps redirect the exhaust gases downward.
When using a 16hp or 18hp vanguard engine with our Medium Swamp Runner Kit, you will need this Oil Filter Adapter. With the engine mounted to the kit, the engine base side rails prevent the complete removal of the oil filter. This part will fix that.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.