18 hp Briggs Vanguard, 570cc, w/o Tank, Electric & Recoil start, 16A alt, w/o Muffler – 356447-0048-G1
A 570cc Briggs and Stratton two cylinder engine that fits our Medium Mud Motor Kit.
18HP Operator’s Manual
Ships Direct from the Manufacturer
3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Out of stock
This 18-hp v-twin engine by Vanguard Briggs and Stratton is a 570cc engine that puts out 18hp. Being a two-cylinder engine, you will get less vibration compared to a single cylinder engine, but will still have good fuel efficiency compared to a single cylinder engine.
- Horsepower = 18
- Displacement = 570cc
- Torque = 29 ft-lbs Gross Torque, 28 ft-lbs Net Torque
- Weight = 74 lbs (without muffler)
- Dimensions = 17.25" tall, 16.15" wide, 12.5" deep (without muffler and additions)
- Recoil Starter AND Electric Start
- 50-State CARB Compliant
- Horizontal 1” Keyway Shaft that is 2-29/32” long
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (consumer)
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (commercial)
- Assembled with a Fuel Pump but NO Fuel Tank
- 16 Amp Charging System
- Manual or Remote Choke Control
- Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
- Does NOT come with fuel tank
- Does NOT come with mufflers unless you use the checkboxes
The 18-hp v-twin engine by Vanguard can be used to repower many things from mud motors, grinders, drift bikes, water pumps, mowers, and go-karts.
With this 18 HP engine, we offer a couple of options that you can add via the checkboxes above:
- High mount muffler with a starter side exhaust outlet (part #690906) +$145
- 90-degree exhaust elbow if you wanted to point the exhaust gasses a certain direction (part #495518) +$16
- Wire muffler guard & heat shield to help prevent things from touching the muffler while also re-directing heat away from the top of the engine (part #691571) +$65
- Oil filter adapter that relocates the oil filter. This is needed when purchasing an engine for use with one of our Swamp Runner Kits (part #808033) +$63
If you're looking for a more fuel-efficient engine, that will still fit our Medium Swamp Runner kit check out the 16hp engine
INVENTORY: Pending stock confirmation. Once inventory is secured, you will be charged. If this item is out of stock or has a waiting period, we will notify you before charging you.
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty, repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
The 90-degree Exhaust Elbow helps redirect the exhaust gases downward.
When using a 16hp or 18hp vanguard engine with our Medium Swamp Runner Kit, you will need this Oil Filter Adapter. With the engine mounted to the kit, the engine base side rails prevent the complete removal of the oil filter. This part will fix that.
Model Series 3564
Oil Capacity 48 oz (1.4 l)
Valve Configuration OHV
Flywheel Torque 125 lb/ft (169.5 Nm)
Governor Arm Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Carb Mount 65 lb/in (7.5 Nm)
Plug Gap 0.03 in (0.75 mm)
Intake Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Exhaust Valve .004-.006 in (.10-.15 mm)
Idle Speed 1750
Air Gap .008-.012 in (.20-.30 mm)
Flywheel Puller Part 19203
Flywheel Holder Part 19433
Connecting Rod Torque 115 lb/in (13.0 Nm)
Sump Torque 150 lb/in (17.0 Nm)
Head Torque 165 lb/in (18.5 Nm)
Top No Load (rpms) 3600
Vanguard Commercial Series _ Consumer Use & Commercial Use 36 Month Warranty _ Please view the Operators Manual for more information.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.