40-hp Engine EFI Briggs Vanguard Marine 1-1/8″x4″ Crank, w/o Muffler – 61G477-0007-J1
Call to Order
This 40-hp engine has 993cc and is made by Vanguard, Briggs and Stratton Engines.
This is the marine version with the High-Speed Package
- Horsepower = 40
- Displacement = 993cc
- Torque = 58 ft-lbs Gross Torque, 56 ft-lbs Net Torque
- Weight = 125 lbs (without muffler)
- Dimensions = 28.5" tall, 19.5" wide, 15" deep (without muffler and additions)
- Electric Start
- 4800 RPM Rev Limit (High-Speed Package with CDI Digital Ignition)
- EPA Certified - NOT for sale in California
- Horizontal 1.125” (1-1/8") Keyed Output Shaft that is 4” long and 1/4" Key Way Slot
- Bolt Circle Diameter: 5", 6.5", and 7.75"
- Engine Weight is 132 pounds
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (consumer)
- 3-year Manufacturer Limited Warranty (commercial)
- Assembled with a Fuel Pump but NO Fuel Tank
- 20/50 Amp Alternator Charging System
- Manual or Remote Choke Control
- Dura-Bore Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
- Does not come with 1/4" key stock
- Air Intake on PTO Side
- Does NOT come with a muffler unless you use the checkboxes
At Swamp Runner, we offer a Longtail Mud Motor Kit for this 40-hp EFI engine- The Big Block Mud Motor Kit
Old Engine number was 61G477-0004-J1. The new engine number is 61G477-0007-J1
INVENTORY: Pending stock confirmation. Once inventory is secured, you will be charged. If this item is out of stock or has a waiting period, we will notify you before charging you.
SHIPPING: By freight to the continental United States only. This item does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada.
Upon delivery immediately inspect items. If damaged, photograph the damage, refuse to accept the item from the carrier, and contact Swamp Runner immediately.
RETURN POLICY: This item ships directly from the manufacturer, and they DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS (unless an item is damaged or an incorrect item is shipped)
WARRANTY: 3 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
For warranty, repairs contact your nearest Authorized Briggs & Stratton Service Center
Displacement 60.60 ci (993 cc)
Bore 3.366 in (85,5 mm)
Stroke 3.406 in (86,5 mm)
Oil Capacity 78 – 80 oz (2,3 – 2,4 L)
Spark Plug Gap .030 in (,76 mm)
Spark Plug Torque 180 lb-in (20 Nm)
Intake Valve Clearance .004 – .006 in (,10 – ,15 mm)
Exhaust Valve Clearance .007 – .009 in (,18 – ,23 mm)
Paper Air Filter 692519
Oil Filter 842921
Advanced Formula Fuel Treatment & Stabilizer 100117, 100120
Fuel Filter 845125
Resistor Spark Plug 491055
Long Life Platinum Spark Plug 5066
Spark Plug Wrench 19374
Spark Tester 19368
Engine power will decrease 3.5% for each 1,000 feet (300 meters) above sea level and
1% for each 10° F (5.6° C) above 77° F (25° C). The engine will operate satisfactorily at
an angle up to 15°. Refer to the equipment operator’s manual for safe allowable operating
limits on slopes.
Vanguard Commercial Series _ Consumer Use & Commercial Use 36 Month Warranty _ Please view the Operators Manual for more information.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.